welcome to the league for the blind and disabled
Thank you so much for your patience.
Content is being updated.
News! The Senior Blind Services Program has added the following Indiana counties: Elkhart, Kosciusko, LaPorte, Marshall and St. Joseph. If you are over the age of 55 or older, with a severe vision impairment, call 574-255-5202 to learn how the Senior Blind Services Program can help you!
The League for the Blind and Disabled's mission is to provide and promote opportunities that empower people with disabilities to achieve their potential. These services includes:
Independent Living Skills Division
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Information and Referral Services
- Individual and Group Peer Support Services
- Individual and Systems Advocacy
- Orientation and Mobility Training
- Adaptive Equipment Services
- Youth Services
- Senior Blind Services
- Braille Services
- Volunteer Services
- Community Support Services
- Sign Language Interpreting Services
- Sign Language Classes
- Case Coordination
- Information and Referral
- Community Education
In-Home Care Division
- Homemaker Service
- Attendant Care
- Respite Care
The agency also requires that a majority of its Board and staff members are qualified people with disabilities in order to stay highly responsive to those served by the agency.